The Christchurch Boys’ Choir is one of New Zealand’s leading children’s choral groups consisting of some of Christchurch’s best young voices. Over the last 25 years, hundreds of boys from a range of backgrounds have rehearsed, performed and created memorable experiences with the Christchurch Boys’ Choir.
‘Voices of Tomorrow’ also features a premiere performance and recording of a new composition by Matthew Everingham entitled ‘Tribute’, a World War One memorial song cycle based on texts by Wilfred Owen and sung by William Frost. Being released in the year of the Great War’s centenary, this work in memory of the past makes a special addition to the choir’s pieces that inspire hope in the future.
1. The Lord is My Shepherd arr. Hoawrd Goodall, soloist James Mountstevens 2:22
2. Kusimama by Jim Papoulis 2:57
3. Panis Angelicus by Cesar Franck 3:05
4. Torah Orah (Trad.) with Georgine Rees-Stevenson, Clarinet 4:05
5. This Little Babe by Benjamin Britten 1:22
6. Pie Jesu by Gabriél Faure 2:17
7. Sanctus by Richard Oswin 2:55
8. The Composers are all on Facebook by Jim Papoulis 2:53
9. For Good by Steve Schwartz arr. Mac Huff, soloist Sam Tabak 4:05
Tribute by Matthew Everingham lyrics Wilfred Owen, baritone William Frost
10. Music 2:54
11. Winter’s Song 3:19
12. The Next War 4:28